Thursday, March 14, 2013

You are YOU

If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer. Because there is something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit. You built a cast around your broken heart and inside of yourself you decided that they were WRONG. So maybe you didn't belong to a group or a clique. Maybe they decided to pick you last for basket ball or everything, so maybe you brought bruises and broken teeth to show and tell but never told...because how can you stand your ground when everyone around you wants to bury you beneath it? You have to believe they were wrong. They have to be wrong. -Shane Koyczan

I hope i never forget this quote. It has been my source of insperation, a reason to push forward, work harder. Who knew one post on facebook could help so much. Every time I read or hear this quote it never fails to give me chill bumps. As a young adult who didn't have the best childhood, it's great to know that I'm not the only one out there. I'm not the only one that knows what it feels like, that some one understands. I know I may never talk to this man or shake his hand, but I know he's out there somewhere and that by far is enough for me.

Always remember,

You are beautiful enough. You are smart enough. You are talented enough.

You are enough.






3 comments:

  1. Wow. I have a feeling this post is really gonna stick with me. Absolutely beautiful. Because of how great this post is, I want to nominate you for the Liebster Award. My page has the information for everything you need to know about what that is :) http://antiwritesstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a true post!

    I agree with everything you said :)

    Everyone is beautiful

    xxx Brooke


    http://brooke-amanda.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete